Going the extra-mile on the road of climate neutral and circular economy is a must to achieve the targets set by the European Green Deal and tyre recycling has a key role in this regard. Tyres are complex-products made from the very best quality raw materials, such as rubber, steel and textile fibres. Recyclers have invested heavily to recover more materials from end-of-life tyres (ELT) while creating non-outsourceable jobs and contributing to environmental sustainability. Yet, in the European Union, the margin for improvement remains significant to boost tyre recycling.
Join Recyclers’ Talks #4 to discuss what is needed to achieve more circularity in tyres and a more sustainable value chain; and find out how different players in the tyre value chain can contribute to this goal.
Keynote Opening Interventions (14h30 – 15h00)
- Poul STEEN RASMUSSEN, President of EuRIC MTR, Group CEO, Genan – Opening Words
- Enrique GARCIA JOHN, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Member European Parliament (TBC)
Panel Discussion with Q&A from the audience (15h00 – 16h40)
- Alex VAN GELDEREN, Advisor ELT management and Fazilet CINARALP, Secretary General, The European Tyre & Rubber Manufacturers Association (ETRMA)
- Lars RAAHAUGE, External Consultant, Environment & Business Development, Genan
- Alastair COX, Technical Director, EMEA Synthetic Turf Council (ESTC)
- Sonia MEGERT MARSHALL, COO, Tyre Recycling Solutions (TRS)
- EEB (TBC)
Concluding remarks and policy recommendations (16h40 – 16h45)
- Emmanuel KATRAKIS, Secretary General of EuRIC
The event will be moderated by Kira TAYLOR, Journalist EURACTIV